Trong nhiều năm, thị trường Maps API thì Google Maps gần như nắm giữ vị trí độc quyền . Tuy nhiên, gần đây rất nhiều Maps API khác đã được xây dựng và phát triển, chất lượng không kém gì Google Maps mà chỉ với chi phí rẻ, chất lượng dịch vụ tốt hơn. Để giúp bạn có cái nhìn khách quan và đưa ra được sự lựa chọn đúng đắn giải pháp maps api phù hợp, hãy cùng Goong phân tích và tổng hợp so sánh ưu và nhược điểm của các Maps API phổ biến nhất trên thị trường: Google Map, Mapbox, OpenStreetMap.
1. Google Maps API
1.1. Maps API service provides
- Custom Maps: Allows users to use Google Maps API to create custom maps for their apps with static street views, Dynamic Street Views, Local Context Maps, Static Maps, Dynamic map, Mobile map, display map as video, image….
- Routes: Allows developers to integrate navigation features into their apps, including: Directions, Distance Matrix, Route Traveled, Nearest Route, Speed Limit…
- Places: The Google Maps API provides location search, allowing developers to integrate location search functionality into their apps. Specifically: Autofill requests, Location details, Find current location, Location photos, Geocoding, Geolocation, Time zone, Elevation…
- Rich location database
- Geocoding, street view and routing available
- Dease of use: Most smartphone and computer users are familiar with the interface of Google Maps, which can create an inherent sense of trust when interacting with the built-in version of the app your.
- Global data quality: Over the years of development, Google Maps has collected a huge amount of information.
- Multilingual support: with more than 80 languages and the list is still growing.
- Street View: Added to the mobile version of Google Maps in September 2019, this feature sets itself apart from any other mapping service.
- Some options for customization: While new customization styles are being rolled out as a beta, the Google Maps API currently supports limited options for creating a unique look and feel for your built-in maps .
- Expensive routing
- Not an open source map
- Markers and shapes are 100% static
- In the Vietnamese market, Google Maps does not regularly update information, location information is misleading in many places, especially some suburban and rural locations or locations related to sovereignty disputes. territory.
- Unpredictable Price Changes: The 2018 Google Maps API price hike created a wave of controversy among loyal users.
- Does not support payment in Vietnam: In Vietnam, businesses and developers using Google’s services must pay through 3rd parties.
2. Map Box
2.1. Maps API service provides
- Mapbox Maps: A service that provides diverse, flexible, and easily customizable maps for applications.
- Mapbox Studio: A tool that allows users to create and customize their own maps, including modifying colors, effects, and formatting.
- Mapbox Navigation: Navigation solution for mobile applications.
- Mapbox Atlas: Store and manage maps in a private cloud environment.
- Mapbox Geocoding: Allows searching for places based on names or addresses.
- Mapbox Directions: Allows to calculate and display optimal routes between locations.
- Mapbox Search: Allows searching for locations based on attributes such as name, address, or business type.
- Mapbox Data: Allows storing and managing geographic data.
- Mapbox Unity SDK: An SDK that enables the integration of Mapbox maps into Unity games and applications.
- Mapbox GL JS: A library that allows the integration of Mapbox maps into web pages.
- Easy to implement at a reasonable cost: When you just want to test the map in your application, or with small applications that need a small number of queries, you can use it for free without provisioning. billing account information for Mapbox. Until you have used up your free access, Mapbox will send a notification asking for payment information.
- Rich multi-platform applications: Mapbox provides digital map applications on many different platforms such as Web, Android, MacOS, IOS…
- Simple code
- Full map data: Mapbox Map has data provided from hundreds of different data sources from open data sources like OpenStressMap or Nasa to proprietary data sources purchased like DigitalGlobe; from all users all over the globe with over 1 billion monthly active users. So Mapbox’s data is regularly updated in real time.
- Many users and many large enterprises: Mapbox’s customer network is spread across the globe. According to information on Map’s website as of May 2021, Mapbox has more than 600 million customers using Mapbox every month, more than 45,000 types of Mapbox Mobile applications, more than 460 development teams with offices in many parts of the world. Famous global enterprises also use Mapbox for mapping applications such as: Facebook, The Weather Company, SAM SUNG, IMB, FedEx, AmazonFlex, Adobe…
With the above advantages, we can see that Mapbox is a reliable map data system. Using Mapbox instead of Google Map is a good choice for your mapping applications.
- This platform focuses on large applications.
- Cannot edit API.
- The system is too complex for simple projects.
- Limit free hits: Mapbox offers some free hits for accounts, but then you’ll have to pay to use the service.
- Limitations on map detail: Compared to Google Maps, Mapbox does not have map granularity by showing areas that are less developed, lacking information, or areas under development.
- Limited navigation: Mapbox provides a navigation API, however, Mapbox does not provide direct navigation on their website or app. This means that you will have to find an external service to be able to navigate on Mapbox maps.
- Image resolution limitations: Mapbox offers lower resolution images than some other applications, which may cause images and videos on Mapbox’s maps to be blurry. detail.
3.1. Maps API service provides
If Google Maps or other mapping platforms offer everything, with OpenStreetmap you will have to get features from third-party services. All directions services, traffic information, 3D modes, etc., will need to be integrated from third-party services.
So what features does the OpenStreetMap API provide?
- OpenStreetMap Online Maps: OSM online maps can be used on websites and mobile applications.
- OSM Address Service: OSM provides an API service for address lookup.
- Routing and driving instructions: OSM provides tools to calculate routes and provide driving instructions.
- Editing API: Used to fetch and save raw geographic data from the OSM database. This is the document entry page and is provided for editing map data. If a client affects service levels for other users or corrupts data, they may be blocked without notice.
- Overpass API: It provides read-only API access. This API acts like a database on the web, which means that the client sends a query and gets back a corresponding data set from the API.
- OpenStreetMap API is a world map service with open content on the Internet and it is free.
- A large number of contributors passionate about mapping ensure the steady growth of the database.
- With open data, OpenStreetMap provides APIs that allow software developers to exploit, use, and commercialize their products at low prices.
- As a “Wikipedia of maps”, OpenStreetMap provides an open source of map data that can be accessed and edited by anyone. Help users learn and share cultural information specific to each place.
- It’s open source, completely free to use.
- Uneven Accuracy: Since OpenStreetMap relies on a community of contributors, the accuracy and coverage of the map may vary. Some areas are full of information, while others may be lacking or inaccurate information.
- No real-time data: OpenStreetMap does not update real-time traffic data, so traffic information, road conditions, traffic incidents and travel times may not be up-to-date. timely update.
- Requires creation of additional services: The API has been developed for the purpose of updating and editing maps and has very basic functionality. You will either have to create the necessary infrastructure on-premises or use comprehensive, ready-made solutions based on OSM data.
- Limited number of queries: Due to the nature of the project, exchanging too much data through the API is not welcome and users may be blocked without notice for making too many data requests.
4. GOONG MAPS API
4.1. Maps API service provides
GOONG Maps APIs/Platform: is a set of tools including a variety of APIs that help users/can integrate digital maps into their business easily.
Users can access and exploit Goong’s database describing locations, addresses, and traffic in Vietnam through APIs:
Geocode/ Reverse Geocode: Convert from coordinates to places or vice versa
Autocomplete: Autocomplete/suggest for users addresses/locations
Routing: Calculate route and distance with various routes.
Distance Matrix: Calculate route and distance with multiple end points.
Map View: The map is fully displayed and user-friendly.
Map SDK iOS: Software Development Kit on iOS.
Map SDK Android: Software Development Kit on Android.
- APIs are properly designed so that you can convert from Google to Goong in the simplest and easiest way with just changing the end-point-url and key, Integrated on the mapview of Google maps.
- Guaranteed system availability is 99.99%. In 2021 and 2022 it is 100%
- Servers and backups are located in Hanoi, Saigon and Singapore to help optimize the system even if the international fiber cable is broken
- Commit SLA: Geocode, geocode address, direction, and Autocomplete
- Location data update cycle is 7 days and road data is 14 days
- The system is built for Developer, you can deploy the system without any programming techniques.
- Domestic payments, VAT invoices and real-time traffic notifications.
- POI has not been entered completely
- Limited to inland Vietnam only
- The map SDK toolkit on iOS and Android is not really complete
- The coverage of Goong Maps API is not as wide as Google map, mapbox and openstreetmap
The above is a detailed breakdown of the different Maps API services and explains how you can optimize costs by choosing the most appropriate Maps API for an on-demand application. If your business has any Maps API needs or you’ve already started building your product and need professional help, don’t hesitate to contact us. Access: https://www.goong.io/